Thursday, July 10, 2014

Teacher's Gifts

Hi everybody,

It looks like I have been posting on this  blog only when I play challenge for last 2 years. I would like to break that habit with today's post and share with you something I made together with my 8 years old daughter for her teacher this year:


This is 6x6 canvas that I stamped at first using textured stamp (Bo Bunny), then I applied some modeling paste trough stencil (Prima), once dried we gessoed it and sticked some cheese cloths for more texture. At this stage my daughter get loose with mists (some Dylusions and Glimmer mists), when we were happy with the background, she decided on the decorations, so we die-cut the branch and bird from chipboard, then she coloured them up (used Silks), and I made fabric flower, all dies are by Sizzix Tim Holtz, I added one Prima rose and printed out the quote by Mark Twain :


I used parchment paper for printing, cut out the words and additionally inked the edges. The canvas was very shinny, my mobile-phone snaps do not give it a justice. I think it is a nice decoration for either a class or home.



And I made this tag and Sara wrote her own note at the back. 


I do hope gifts like this are more appropriate then giving something material or more personal. If you don't know person very well, how can you buy a personal gift for her/him? Box of chocolate might seem as a good idea, but maybe that poor teacher is just working so hard to get herself fit for her last year's bikini, LOL. I would like to hear what other mothers and teachers if any around think of all this.

Thanks and have a lovely day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment