Friday, May 31, 2013

Page Maps + Basic Grey Challenge

Hi everybody,

Page Maps  is celebrating 7th anniversary this months!!! I love this site as a new set of sketches is released each months and if you are ever stuck for an inspiration then the pagemaps.com is a place to go.  They are having several competitions ongoing at the moment, you can check on their blog here, but one I am playing at the moment is with Kelly Goree and  Basic Grey ; all details are here.

The rules are simple, create a page based on this sketch:






and use some patterned papers on your page. This is my take on the sketch:


As you can see, I rotated the sketch and converted it to 12x12 to fit better to my album. Overplayed same photo, I saw this for the first time done by Rachael form awindowtoomyworld.blogspot.com ,. blog definitely worth visiting.

I used Basic Grey Serenade collection of papers,  buttons and stickers are also from the same collection. I love all muted tones in this collection. Small roses are by Prima as well as wooden flowers, leaf and epoxy sticker I put over the sticker that says  'you'. Coloured the wooden flowers and leaf with Ranger distress paints. Doilies are by WRMK and big blue flowers is my own make using Sizzix dies, distress inks and mulberry paper.

Hope you like the page:



Have a nice day and thanks again for your visit.

3 comments:

  1. I just love this page Svetlana! The photo overlaying is cool as are the colours. Yes rachael's blog is awesome I agree...

    ReplyDelete